Do you want to set up Direct Debits online?
A Direct Debit is an instruction from a person to their bank or building society that authorises Eazipay or another organisation to collect money from their account.
It is not currently possible to set up direct debits online so Eazipay sure that their processes are as easy and straightforward as possible.
The first time you add a new payer:
- You send Eazipay the information of your new payer.
- Eazipay gives the bank five days notice that there is a new Direct Debit
- On day ten Eazipay debits the payer’s account and moves the money into a client holding account.
- Cleared funds are transferred to your account on day twelve.
Once your client is on the Eazipay system, the payments go thought automatically in the frequency you specify – monthly or as infrequently as annually.
Direct Debit is a trustworthy name because of the Direct Debit Guarantee:
- If you increase or decrease your charges, Eazipay will inform your customers 5 days in advance. The increase is implemented automatically
- If an error is made the Banks and Building Societies will refund the money immediately to their account holders
- A Direct Debit can be cancelled in writing at any time by either party
The Direct Debit Guarantee is supported by all banks and building societies that offer Direct Debit services.